General Meeting Information
- Summer General Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer Report
- Banquet Recap
- USHJA/USEF rule changes
- Rule change proposals READ THE RULE CHANGES – CLICK THIS LINK
- Nomenclature housekeeping
- Show approval committee name change
- “Local”/unrated show rules (multiple changes)
- Double points for local riders at Medal Finals show
- Year end award changes (to align with USEF/USHJA)
- Allow for splitting of divisions by age in local system year end awards (multiple)
- Add a Low Junior/Senior OHJA Medal (3’3”) plus cross-entry restrictions
- Clarify scoring for Mini Medal Finals phases
- Prohibit in-and-outs and combinations in .70m–.80m jumper classes at outreach shows
- Remove .85m–.95m Jumpers from Local System
- Informational—not subject to vote – Division name changes (Green, performance, and Jr 3’3” hunter divisions)
- New Business
Important Member Notes
As we rapidly approach the end of the 2016 show season, we have some important announcements concerning member points, year end awards, and 2017 renewals.
1. OHJA is currently finalizing the year end divisions and award recipients. As of today, most of the divisions eligible for awards are accurately reported on the website, including applicable splits and combinations. If a division is not listed, it is not eligible for an award. Please note this list is subject to change in the coming weeks as discrepancies are reported (and corrected as needed), as division sponsors step forward, and as remaining database programming issues are reported and addressed.
2. OHJA is NOT mailing out member point reports for 2016. To confirm the accuracy of your points, please log onto the website. The point standings list your points totals by division, but not the details for the shows and classes in which you participated. The best way to confirm the details of your equitation points is to click the “View My Show Points” link. The best way to confirm the details of your horse’s hunter and/or jumper points is to click the “View Show Points” next to your horse’s name. Please check both places – there may be discrepancies between these two reports if multiple riders have ridden the same horse over the season (i.e., trainer and client), or if a rider rode multiple horses over the season.
3. If you have shown outside of Oregon and your results are not already recorded with OHJA. It is your responsibility, not OHJA’s, to follow up with show management to make sure your results are reported to OHJA. Once they are reported, our team will upload the results.
4. Please report any point discrepancies to OHJA by December 1, 2016. This will give our team time to address the discrepancies.
5. All points are final as of December 15, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. OHJA is NOT mailing out renewal notices for 2017. Renewal via the OHJA website has been temporarily deactivated while we transition to a merchant services account as a replacement for PayPal. This transition should be completed by the end of November and you can then renew for 2017.
Renew Your OHJA Membership Online
Thank you for renewing your OHJA membership. Please click here to renew. Just follow the instructions – – If you are an existing member and have not logged in before, click “FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD” and you will be sent to a screen to enter your email address. If it is in our records, you will be sent an email with instructions to set a password. If we do not have an email record for you, you will need to fill out the application on this page – click here.
The OHJA Board is very pleased to be presenting to the membership this new website. It has been on our wish list for many years and we know that you’ll enjoy its expanded functionality, plus it is so sustainably GREEN!
Our website redesign goals were to provide members with content that you value, to support sustainability through less paper and ink, and to streamline administration and online reporting. Most forms are now online and contribute to a master database.
What do you think? Please let our Webmaster know if you find any typos (there’s always some for the sharp eye) or changes that would improve the website.
Thank you to the OHJA team that championed the website through development, Kathy Hall, Joe Regan and Beka Swan. Teri LeVine of MC2 Marketing & On Fire Websites teamed up with Adrienne Raymond and Randall Spence to design and develop our fantastic database-driven website. Once again, Oregon leads the herd!
What’s Next? OHJA Store!
We are frequently asked by members, “Can I purchase an OHJA blanket, bag or shirt?” Soon, we’ll be saying “YES”, because we would be proud to see members wearing an OHJA shirt and showing their pride in the Association!
Now that the website is done, we are developing an OHJA Store that will offer a range of OHJA customized products that you can purchase online. We would value your input as to what is offered, so please complete the short questionnaire on our Store page. Our Store Manager will get to work finalizing the products and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a GRAND OPENING! Be sure to LIKE our Facebook page, so you’ll know all about it!
Celebrating Generations of Oregon Riders
If you are curious about the vintage photos (black and white) at the top of the page, you can read about them on our About page.
We also extend a very sincere THANK YOU to Julie Ward for the use of her wonderful photos on this website. Julie has been very supportive of OHJA and the area horse shows and we are very appreciative of her talents and generosity. Julie Ward Photography